Thursday, November 02, 2006

What a week

I am thankful to God for His hand upon me this past couple of weeks...this last one especially. It has been a time of great blessings and a time of great challenge, all at the same time.

I had the chance to gather with some online friends from The Cafe a couple weeks ago. My kids survived the ordeal, seemingly no worse for the wear. A great time of fellowship was had by all and relationships were deepened that weekend. Just previously, I was diagnosed with 2 types of skin cancer and between diagnosis and surgery, have been involved in a motor vehicle accident at work, where God was with me yet again. On top of that, the financial difficulties continue as they have been since the divorce of 3+ years ago. Surgery just this last Monday was quick and painful and recovery continues. But God is faithful in all things and will bring me through this and that by His marvelous, wonderful and matchless grace.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm praying for you! I loved meeting you, having silverware wars with your kids (well... one of them), and we had an awesome weekend all around.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger marybeth said...

yes...what a week indeed!! the good stuff was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond good...and the scary stuff more than a little scary. but god in His faithfulness totally carried you (and me, i might add, if i'm not being too forward! );provided for you...and ultimately, took care of it all. and although i may be a bit biased...your response to it all, and your demeanor in the face of adversity was praiseworthy. i believe the Lord is pleased with your actions that week!


(insert fishface smile here...wish the graphics would allow it!)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger gg said...

God is good all the time!!! And you are a great example of faithfulness and steadfastness through it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home