Saturday, November 24, 2007

Time Still Flies

This year is flying by!!! I haven't blogged much this year...mostly because I haven't had time. They're killing us at work, awaiting 5 fresh bodies to help take up the slack.

Thanksgiving is past us already and Christmas is coming quickly. It has already been over a year since my cancer surgery. Things are well and God is good. I did get Thanksgiving off and enjoyed time with friends very much. God has had to remind me to slow down and count my many blessings and cultivate a thankful heart. From the greatest (the salvation found by grace through faith-Eph 2:8-9) to the very least, it is good to give thanks to the Lord. James 1:17 reminds us that every good and perfect gift comes down from above, from the Father of Lights in whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. And some of the blessings come in creatively wrapped packages, oftentimes appearing as things we don't count as blessings...like troubles, trials and tribulations. God is also teaching me and some of my friends about this sort of thing, showing us that He's got it all under control and we can trust Him with everything. Thanksgiving is a great kickoff to the Christmas season. May we all stop every day and count our blessings and show our thanks to God not so much with words of thanksgiving just in a 6 week season each year, but with a life of Thanks-living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home